Blog Archive

2.20.2012

All I do is Lin.


Those of you who are in the USA, I'm sure you've heard of the sensation that is Jeremy Lin. My knowledge of the guy started out as a bunch of status updates on Facebook from fellow Asians (apparently they make up 90% of my college friends) writing about some dude named Jeremy Lin. I thought to myself, "Who the hell is this Jeremy Lin guy and why is everyone writing about him???" As the week went on, I gathered more information via status updates that he played basketball. More time went on, more status updates, and I figure out he plays for the Knicks (at this point I'm just being stubborn and don't want to Google him). Then Friday comes and my friend Nikki educates me that the guy plays on the Knicks and they have won a couple of games in a row when he started playing. She provides me with a link of clips of Jeremy Lin playing and then suddenly I have all sorts of Asian Pride and jump on the Jeremy Lin bandwagon. Luckily for me, that night the Knicks played the Lakers and Jeremy Lin played well so I was allowed to jump on the bandwagon. What this story has to do with fashion you ask, it really has nothing to do with fashion.. but, I happened to see these Jeffery Campbell's on Ssense.com which made me think of the Knicks (their colors are orange and blue) - all around the same time I've jumped on this bandwagon and I thought, what are the chances.

14 comments:

  1. As a Knicks and shoe fan I love this post! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are super cute!perfect for spring time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Jeremy Lin! i need this shoes in my closet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! love ur post! crazy story, and super cool shoes!
    kisses from Spain,
    s

    ReplyDelete
  5. so perfect for spring! lovee

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the color blocking heels! so pretty!
    jeremy lin? he is the man! he plays basketball really well i find him cute too! :-)

    Babi
    www.whenbabispeaks.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Color blocking is a great idea, even for shoes. Lovely heels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oehh the shoes are incredible!!!!!(L)

    New post up ; Photoshoot
    www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. gosh they are A-MA-ZING! kisses Nat

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like your story...i knew you were going somewhere with this, but at first i wasn't too sure...i thought maybe Jeremy Lim was the designer of the shoe...and then when you said he was a basketball player...i was like whaaat? lol
    anywhoooo...thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog
    do you want to follow each other?
    xoxo Stephi
    http://chiikalivelovelaugh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning shoes.

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. great color blocking here! Linsanity is everywhere! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this!!
    thnx so much 4 the comment :)
    http://imjustmefashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete